Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

SVN UP! New code repository

Hello again

     Before going any further (and after all the things that happened with Megaupload), I knew I wont be able to continue uploading my project / tools / whatever to 4shared, and yes I was right, in a few days 4shared started to ask for "user accounts" to be able to download things...

I had to start using another away to store my project.. and I needed a way to control the versions from my project.

The solution was quite simple (basically because a good friend showed me from the advantages of using subversion aka "svn")

So I went back to Google.. again.. went to http://code.google.com and signed for a new account, created a new project (http://code.google.com/p/jbfprj/) and voila! I got my own svn server :)

So now anybody can checkout in my software repository and get the source for my projects, at the moment I just uploaded SimpleSQL:

<copied from code.google.com>
Use this command to anonymously check out the latest project source code:
# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://jbfprj.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ jbfprj-read-only
Notice you will need to install subversion: 
sudo apt-get install subversion
under linux or you can use another client for windows like tortoise-svn...
Anyway, that's all you will need to get the source, and of course, type "svn up" whenever you want to check if there are updates...>

In the next post I'll be back to the server program, but now I'm going to reduce the posts to a size that anybody can handle, starting for login to the server..

No comments: